At Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care Our Mission is to Serve Others
Patients near the end of their life, family members trying their best to support their loved ones, caregivers and professionals striving to provide the best care possible need assistance and we want to provide that assistance! We believe that this assistance is largely unavailable or not known about across the United States.
Our company was founded on Christian Principles and we strive to meet those principles through the care we provide, care which includes:
- An individualized and ethical care to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual and practical needs of people in the last phase of life, those dying from a terminal illness.
- A spirit and philosophy of caring that emphasizes comfort and dignity for the dying.
- Making it possible for the dying to remain independent for as long as possible.
- Emphasizing the control of pain and other symptoms, and dying in familiar surroundings.
- Care centered on the patient, family and caregiver.
- Staff that respects and responds to the unique differences in family or caregiver, lifestyle, values and wishes
Our Values Help Us to Achieve Our Mission
- Patients and their families are treated with dignity, respect and compassion.
- Employees are the most valuable Hospice resource in providing quality patient-care services.
- The Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care medical staff is well trained and committed to working together to achieve its goals.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care will strive to provide technology and equipment that is state-of-the-art.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care will offer facilities that are modern, attractive and well maintained.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care will meet the standards and requirements of all licensing and accrediting agencies.
- The Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care management team and employees are committed to ensuring financial viability while maintaining standards of excellence.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care will continue to be an excellent corporate citizen, having a positive influence in the business community.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care will continue to be an innovative and progressive leader in the healthcare industry.
Our Assurances to Those We Serve Our Meant to Build Confidence in Our Ability to Fulfill Our Mission
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care follows and participates in Medicare compliance policies, procedure, education and activities
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care is committed to complying with all federal, state and private insurance standards, with an emphasis on preventing fraud and abuse.
- Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care provides Hospice care in the patient’s home to those patients who are certified as terminally ill, have a prognosis of six (6) months or less to live, have willingly elected the Hospice and are aware that the goal of care is directed toward relief of symptoms, rather than the cure of the underlying disease.
- To offer family or caregiver support with an interdisciplinary team using resources that avoid duplication, inadequate, incomplete or underutilization of services.
- To maintain a commitment to realistic, cost-effective and ethical management. To use available mechanisms for payment and manage operations to comply with all applicable statues, regulations and federal healthcare Hospice requirements.
- To provide sufficient services and oversight to patients who have received more than six (6) months of consecutive months of Hospice care.
To make all covered services available to provide a continuum of care that recognizes and responds to the physical, social, spiritual, emotional and other needs of the patient, family or caregiver.
You Can Help Us to Achieve Our Mission!
- We need volunteers
- We need financial support
- We need good team members
- We need more patients to support
Thank you for your consideration of our organization. There is a real difference in hospice providers. Please contact us for more information.