Volunteer at Kansas Hospice Care
With their unique talents, our Kansas Hospice Care volunteers serve as patient and family advocates and help bring dignity and compassion to the end of life. Hospice volunteering is a blessing to the patients, their families and our volunteers often claim for them!
Possible Kansas Hospice Care volunteer opportunities include:
- Activity Volunteers – Provide assistance to patients with activities (i.e., play games, afternoon tea, reading, knitting).
- End-of-Life Volunteers – Trained patient-care volunteers provide support, respite care and companionship in the home or nursing home for patients who are actively dying.
- Direct Patient Care Volunteers – Trained volunteers visit or telephone patients and families at home, in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or inpatient units.
- Hair Care Volunteers – Trained patient-care volunteers provide haircuts, shampoos and styling to patients and families. The hair care volunteers must have a current cosmetology license.
- Pet Volunteers – Screened and trained pets and their volunteer handlers visit patients and provide socialization, comfort, and more.
- Music Volunteers – Trained patient care volunteers provide support to the patient and family by singing or playing a musical instrument.
- Photography Volunteers – These volunteers provide comfort and support by taking professional pictures of patients and families. The photography volunteer will provide a picture CD to families.
- Bereavement Volunteers – Bereavement specialists provide grief and loss counseling, memorial services, and other support services for family and loved ones.
Sign up to become a Kansas Hospice Care volunteer today!
Complete the form on this page or contact any of our locations!